Vehicles don’t need to be small to become fuel efficient. With today’s progressive technology, the auto industry is incorporating hybrid technology and lighter building materials into SUVs allowing them to obtain excellent fuel economy. So if you need to be environmentally friendly by owning a vehicle that‘s fuel efficient which will comfortably carry your loved ones, you are able to always choose an SUV.
Best Fuel Efficient SUVs 2012-2013 – Top 10 List:
1. Ford Escape Hybrid : 34 City / 31 Hwy (32 Avg. ) , Base Price : $30, 570. 2. 5-liter 4-cylinder engine with 177 hp. Reaching 0-60 mph in 9. 5 secs. The Ford Escape Hybrid is certain to turn heads using the progressive styling in an SUV. Scoring high on safety tests and obtaining the very best gas mileage for the SUV makes this vehicle an excellent buy.
2. Lexus RX 450h : 32 City / 28 Hwy (30 Avg. ) , Base Price : $45, 235.
3. 5-liter V6 engine with 295 hp. Goes from 0-60 mph in 7. 8 secs. The stylish and luxurious Lexus RX 450h is that the second most fuel efficient SUV. Improving upon the looks and overall driving performance of the model brings Lexus towards the forefront from the Hybrid SUV category. The vehicle is taken into account a Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle meaning that it must be 90 percent cleaner compared to the current average year’s models.
Lexus RX 450h 2012 – 2013
3. Mazda CX-5 : 26 City / 35 Hwy (30 Avg. ) , Base Price : $20, 695.
2. 0-liter 4-cylinder engine with 155 hp. A compact crossover SUV with SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY that promised to provide the efficiency in fuel economy along with the driving experience.
Mazda CX-5 2012 – 2013
4. Nissan Juke : 27 City / 32 Hwy (29 Avg. ) , Base Price : $19, 990.
1. 6-liter 4-cylinder engine with 188 hp. Accelerating from 0-60 mph in 7. 3 secs. Fast, fuel efficient and affordable sports like SUV. If you need a crossover between a sports car and an SUV, go using the Nissan Juke unique design.
Nissan Juke 2012 – 2013
5. Toyota Highlander Hybrid : 28 City / 28 Hwy (28 Avg. ) , Base Price : $38, 540. 3. 5-liter V6 engine with 280 hp. Reaching 0-60 mph in 7. 4 secs. Toyota has always produced great vehicles and also the Highlander Hybrid isn‘t any exception. If you‘re willing to invest greater than $37k, you‘ll adore this SUV because of its great gas mileage, great cargo space and also a powerful engine.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid 2012 – 2013
6. Mitsubishi Outlander Sport : 25 City / 31 Hwy (27 Avg. ) , Base Price : $18, 795. 2. 0-liter 4-cylinder engine with 148 hp. Reaching 0-60 mph in 8. 4 secs. Costing lower than $19k, the Outlander Sport is a superb bargain with amazing fuel efficiency that could top many competitions.
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2012 – 2013
7. Hyundai Tucson : 23 City / 31 Hwy (26 Avg. ) , Base Price : $19, 145.
2. 0-liter 4-cylinder engine with 165 hp. Accelerating from 0-60 mph in 10. 2 secs. An inferior SUV, the Hyundai Tucson is usually considered a CUV (Crossover ) and it is plenty simpler to maneuver and park in tight situations. Albeit small, the cabin is designed in a manner that provides lots of room for passengers and cargo. So, to the mixture of owning a rugged SUV that drives as a compact car, the Hyundai Tuscon could be only the vehicle for you personally.
Hyundai Tucson 2012 – 2013
8. Honda CR-V : 23 City / 31 Hwy (26 Avg. ) , Base Price : $22, 495.
2. 4-liter 4-cylinder engine with 185 hp. Able to attain from 0 to 60 mph in 9. 2 secs. The newly redesigned CR-V looks as a sports car inside an SUV body.
Honda CR-V 2012 – 2013
9. Chevrolet Equinox : 22 City / 32 Hwy (26 Avg. ) , Base Price : $23, 530. 2. 4-liter 4-cylinder engine with 182 hp. Reaching 0-60 mph in 9. 3 secs. With five passenger seating, a stylish design, and excellent performance helps make the Chevy Equinox very appealing for all those attempting to find an SUV with great gas mileage.
Chevrolet Equinox 2012 – 2013
10. GMC Terrain : 22 City / 32 Hwy (26 Avg. ) , Base Price : $25, 560.
2. 4-liter 4-cylinder engine with 182 hp. Able to attain from 0-60 mph in 9. 2 secs. The GMC Terrain is really a quality built SUV offering excellent mileage and clean emissions. The Terrain is really a full SUV having a decent price tag and you also won’t need to sacrifice space or an inferior engine to the 26 mpg combined fuel efficiency.
GMC Terrain 2012 – 2013