While we is allowed to imagine owning the quickest car in the planet, some can do whatever it will take to possess one. Listed below are 10 of the quickest street legal cars available out there (production models, instead of concept or modified cars) these are generally tested, measured and verified top speeds (theoretical speeds don‘t count).
1. Hennessey Venom GT : 270 mph (435 km / h ), 0-60 mph in 2. 5 seconds, includes a 7. 0 liter LS7 Turbocharged V8 Twin Turbo V8 Engine producing 1244 hp, having a price tag of $1, 000, 000 and up. The Venom GT is that the fastest car in the planet when tested again on February 14th, 2014 at NASA runway in Florida. The track was just 3. 22 miles long, thus limiting it top speed to 270 mph. Congratulations !
2. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport : 268 mph (431 km / h ), 0-60 in 2. 4 secs. Aluminum, Narrow Angle 8 Liter W16 Engine with 1200 hp, base price is $2, 400, 000. After being the quickest car in the planet for more than 3 years from July 10, 2010, It‘s now in 2nd place as of February 14, 2014. During the past, the Bugatti Veyron lost it to SSC Ultimate Aero on March 2007. However, Bugatti challenged the record in Germany on July 10, 2010 using the new Super Sport and reclaimed it of the quickest car in the planet at 268 mph. The initial Bugatti Veyron experienced a top speed of 253 mph, priced at $1, 700, 000 with 1001 hp.
3. Koenigsegg Agera R : 260 mph (418 km / h ), 0-60 mph in 2. 9 secs. 5. 0-liter V8 Engine with twin turbo’s, housing 1099 hp. Base price is $1, 600, 000. if you are into snow sports, the Agera R could be fitted having a Ski Box along with winter tires. As the Agera R includes a massive theoretical top speed, the current tested top speed is 260 mph. Expect this snow car as being Bugatti’s arch enemy for the following 5 years.
4. SSC Ultimate Aero : 257 mph (413 km / h ), 0-60 in 2. 7 secs. Twin-Turbo V8 Engine with 1183 hp, base price is $654, 400. Tested in March 2007 by Guinness World Records, The SSC Ultimate Aero was the quickest car in the planet from March 2007 to July 2010. Shelby SuperCars will continue their quest to reclaim the quickest car title, and the new SSC Tuatura might get the job done (we will just need to wait ).
4. Gff GT9-R : 257 mph (413 km / h ), 0-60 in 2. 9 secs. The 4. 0 Liter flat-6 Twin-Turbo Engine with 1120 hp, comes having a base price of $695, 000. Driven by Porsche 911, the 9ff GT9-R 1120 hp version is limited to twenty units and also the exterior can be modified to suit the owner.
5. Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo : 248 mph (399 km / h ), 0-60 in 2. 8 secs. Twin Turbo All Aluminum V8 Engine with 750 hp, base price is $555, 000. Smooth and bad-ass. It‘ll make you would like to show it off non-stop.
6. Koenigsegg CCX : 245 mph (394 km / h ), 0-60 in 3. 2 secs. 90 Degree V8 Engine 806 hp, base price is $545, 568. Made in Sweden, it‘s the older brother from the Agera R, only losing to six other supercars in the planet.
7. McLaren F1 : 240 mph (386 km / h ), 0-60 in 3. 2 secs. BMW S70 / 2 60 Degree V12 Engine with 627 hp, base price is $970, 000. The quickest car inside the 20th century with doors that appears like bat wings. Maybe Batman needs to order one and paint it black 1997 McLaren F1 upon the road black
8. Zenvo ST1 : 233 mph (374 km / h ), 0-60 in 2. 9 secs. Twin-Charged 7. 0 liter V8 Engine forging 1, 104 hp. Base price : $1, 225, 000. The very first Supercar from Zenvo Automotive, a Danish sports car company in pursuit of speed and perfection. This 100% Danish made supercar is limited to 15 units and the corporate even promised
9. Pagani Huayra : 230 mph (370 km / h ), 0-60 in 3. 0 secs. Twin TurboCharged 6. 0 liter V12 Engine from Mercedes AMG. It pumps out 720 horsepower to reach using its 738 lb ft of torque. It is available having a seven speed auto-manual transmission. Pagani gives the name following the legendary Incan god of wind, Huayra-tata. The starting price is at £849, 000, or $1, 273, 500. 2013-Pagani-Huayra-in-studio-A
10. Gumpert Apollo : 225 mph (362 km / h ), 0-60 in 3. 0 secs, 4. 2 liter V8 Engine that houses 650 hp. Base price : $450, 000. Gumpert claims the Apollo was designed such it could drive upside-down inside a tunnel with speeds at 190 mph or above. In fact, nobody has tested this yet.